This brewery was established in 1860, many additions were made throughout the years, in 1923 Louis-Auguste Amos, an architect, designed the bigger brick buildings. There was different complexes, the bottling plant, the brewery and the garage. The company was in a peak, but in 1966, sixteen people died because of an ingredient in the beer. The brewery then recalled all the beer that was made in a certain time frame and disposed of it. Following the deaths, the beer’s popularity declined. The company began a freefall to oblivion, Dow was then bought by O’keefe. Around 1995 O’keefe focused on its previous location and stopped producing beer at the current plant. It then fell into abandon.